by Cathy Jones
The house located at 48 Redmyre Road Strathfield was built by local builder Daniel O’Curry. O’Curry also built 46 Redmyre Road and St Martha’s Catholic Church Strathfield in Churchill Avenue Strathfield.
48 Redmyre Road was built c.1924 and rented until it was sold in May 1928 to Emily Earnshaw Kean, a widow, for £1625. Following the death of Emily Kean, the administrators of her will transferred ownership to Edith Kean, in accordance with a deed for family arrangement dated 17 February 1940. The house was transferred under the terms of the will of the late Edith Kean to Robin Burford in August 1950. In December 1956, the house was sold to David Millington, a builder and his wife Winifred for £4500. The house was sold in August 1963 to Vladimir, Helen and Nicholas Opadchy for £7225.
Sands Directory for Sydney and Suburbs 1900-1932
Strathfield Council Building Application Register
Strathfield Council Valuation Lists 1894 to 1960
Strathfield Council Notices of Land Transfer (1927-1960s)