Glennifer Brae’ 71 Churchill Ave Strathfield is built on a 1903 subdivision that was marketed as the ‘Kings Estate’. The estate was subdivided by Robert Joshua King (d.1934) and Mary Ann Balmain (d.1943), the wife of surveyor and Town Clerk of Strathfield Council, John Hope Balmain. The Kings Estate created the western end of Churchill Avenue (then called The Avenue), Redmyre Road (part) and Homebush Road (part).
Lot 7 was purchased by William Bell in February 1907 and the house ‘Glennifer Brae’ was constructed by 1908. Bell owned ‘Glennifer Brae’ until his death in 1939. The property was subsequently transferred to James Morrison, his wife Margaret Morrison, Jesse Bell and Ronald Bell. It remained in the ownership of the family until 1954 when it was sold to Francis Ricketts and Joan Mary wickets. In 2000, the property was transferred to the trustees of the Roman Catholic Church for the Archdiocese of Sydney. It has subsequently been resold.