By Cathy Jones
Allawah’ was built on Lot 32, section 9 of the Village of Homebush Estate, a subdivision of the larger Underwood Estate.
‘Allawah’ was built in 1924 for Robert Andrews, an ironmonger and hs wife Ethel. A development approval was issued in September 1924 to build a brick cottage of 5 rooms and offices at cost of £1400. The builder is H E Woodward of Concord. ‘Allawah’ was built from a subdivision of the grounds of 47 Abbotsford Road.
The house was sold to Harold Bailey, a railway officer, for £1600 on 1 November 1943.