by Cathy Jones Coronation Playground was located on Underwood Road at Homebush. The Park site was acquired for the development of the F4 (now M4/Westconnex)
The Sydney Stock and Cattle Yards were located at Flemington on Parramatta Road. This is now the site of Sydney Markets. A decision was made
This photograph shows Strathfield Council Mayor Rod Rimes, Council Engineer’s Alan Wilson and Warwick Grey, Strathfield Council Keith Manwaring at the opening of Centenary Drive
by Cathy Jones The postal service in NSW was established in 1810 under Governor Macquarie and in 1825, the NSW Legislative Council regulated postal services
A rare photograph of ‘Glen Luna’, 2-4 Carrington Ave Strathfield featuring the grand entrance and staircase that faced The Boulevarde on the corner of Carrington
‘Treagre’ was located at 3 Albyn Road Strathfield and was built in 1899 and demolished in 1997. ‘Treagre’ was designed by architect George Sydney Jones.