by Cathy Jones
Coronation Playground was located on Underwood Road at Homebush. The Park site was acquired for the development of the F4 (now M4/Westconnex) Motorway in the late 1970s. This park is not to be confused with Coronation Reserve in Strathfield South, but the name likely refers to the coronation of King George VI in 1937. This photo is dated c1960.