The house ‘Glen Ayr’ was located on the corner of The Boulevarde and Strathfield Avenue in Strathfield.
The house was originally known as ‘Lynton’. ‘Lynton’ was built by Walter Sewell Buzacott, proprietor of a ships chandlery business, in 1883.
Peter Mathieson, successful city businessman (tobacco, retail and property), lived at ‘Glen Ayr’ (formerly ‘Lynton’) from 1906 to his death in 1953.
Following Mathieson’s death, the property was sold to John Olley Sherwood, a prominent tennis player of the 1920’s. Sherwood subdivided the land into six lots, which were sold in 1953. The house has since been demolished.