Much of the suburbs of Strathfield and Strathfield South are built on the Redmire Estate. The Redmire Estate measured about 570 acres and extending from Strathfield railway station to the Cooks river. The land was subdivided in 1866 by the trustees of Samuel Terry’s estate and smaller lots of land were offered for sale.
The first property built was Thomas Henderson’s ‘Seven Oaks Farm’, a dairy farm located around the current day Victoria Street Strathfield. ‘Seven Oaks Farm’ was built c.1868.