The English, Scottish & Australian Bank Limited (ES&A Bank) was founded in 1852 by Royal Charter in London. This bank merged with the Australia and New Zealand Bank (ANZ) in 1970.
The above photograph shows the original bank building on The Boulevarde Strathfield. The photos below show the Bank in 1968 when it was still known as the ES&A Bank and a photograph of the current ANZ Bank. It appears that though the bank has been rebuilt and rennovated, it continues to trade from the same location.
Of interest in the 1968 photograph is a sign for ‘Tyrone Accommodation’. “Tyrone” was a large Victorian mansion located on The Boulevarde, which later became a boarding house.
These photos were donated by Jam Xia on behalf of the ANZ Branch Strathfield. Much thanks to Jam for making these photos available.