In response to inquiries about the history of The Causeway Strathfield South.
The Causeway is located on the original Redmire Estate. The street appears to have been created in a c.1880 subdivision of smaller lots of the Redmire Estate.
Though it could be argued that the name ‘The Causeway’ is uninspiring, it is likely a reference to the nearby Cooks River.
A tip for anyone attempting to trace histories of houses in this street, the street was renumbered in 1965 in order to conform with Strathfield Council’s street numbering standards. Any even numbered house became odd numbered and vice versa.