Trinity Uniting Church
Trinity Uniting Church, 62 The Boulevard Strathfield was designed by architects George Sydney Jones and Harold Thompson in 1889 and built by Thomas Henley.
The Church was formed by a group, lead by the Reverend George Littlemore and Dr Phillip Sydney Jones, disenchanted with the Burwood Congregational Church decided to establish their own Church in Strathfield.
A list of Church members in 1890 shows a number of prominent people and families were involved with the establishment of this church including Dr Phillip Sydney Jones and members of the Jones family (David Jones retail), stockbroker Thomas J Thompson, James Inglis MLA of ‘Billy Tea’ fame and financier Randolph Nott. The Jones, Nott, Thompson, Ross, Wilshire families were all related by marriage as were the architects.
The Rev. Littlemore was a close associate of Dr (later Sir) Phillip Sydney Jones. The house ‘Darenth’ 32 Albyn Road Strathfield was owned by Dr Jones, designed by his son George Sydney Jones and leased to Rev. Littlemore. This house is listed on the Register of the National Estate.